Tabs

 photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Thursday 2 June 2016

May 30

I´m forgetting everything that happened during the week at this point.....so it might be a bit of a short email.
We had zone conference this week, and basically the whole meeting we talked about having the faith to find people, which is really what we have been needing here in Setubal. That same afternoon Sister Bird and I dedicated our time to finding new people to teach, and we saw a lot of success. We decided to try working in a new area that we had never worked in before. It is a bit of a wealthier area, so it wasn´t easy work, but we were able to find some good people to return to. Some of those people being Lucas and Paula-a mother and son who has 15 years old.
They let us enter into their yard and we were able to talk a lot with them about religion. They are very religious in their own way, and are just the humblest and nicest people (She grew up in canada for a time, so that explains a lot ;) I can honestly say that I have never explained baptisms for the dead in my first contact with anyone, but our conversation lead to that, and they were really interested in the temple. I´m hoping we will be able to go back and visit them again this week, but they are an extremely busy family, so we will see what happens.
We talked to Milia and Sofia again this week and invited them to stop smoking. I think it is going to be quite the hard addiction for them to quit, so we are working on that. Unfortunately they weren´t able to come to church this week like they said, so there hasn´t been a ton of progress with them.
I have been trying to get to know the members a little bit better, so one day this week we went and visited one of the jovens in our ward-Alexandre. He is probably the coolest jovem I have met in Portugal. Sister Jarnagin and Sister Vanaquer are teaching one of his friends at the moment who is going to get baptized in the coming weeks, and Alexandre has already baptized another friend of his who was actually asked to give his testimony in front of elder Bednar at our stake conference, so basically this one young man is creating and army of valient LDS youth......he is super cool. He is only 16 years old, and has one of the strongest testimonies I have heard. He has been working on his girlfriend as well, and we have plans to do a pday with them next week, so we can get to know her better and create a relationship with her and start teaching her! I think it is going to be a golden tactic!
The rest of the week was pretty normal. I can´t think of much else to add, so I think I am going to leave it at that.
The church is true fam. I love this gospel, and the opportunity I have to share it with as many people as possible. 
Thanks once more for all the support and love. Vocês são INCRÍVEIS!
Paz e Bênçãos

-Sister Selk

No comments:

Post a Comment