Tabs

 photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Comida de Mais! Week 16

This week went by so fast! Oh my goodness, Sister Bryner and I were flying this week! As Irmão Belchior would say, "These missionaries on fire!" It was such a good week with many many miracles.
We had a lesson with a new investigator-Sandrine in the beginning of the week. We didnt know it at the time, but she was a miracle contact. We were walking down the street and we walked past her and then decided to turn around and talk to her. She had recently had a brother who had passed away, so we shared with her the Plan of Salvation and bore our testimonies. We found out during that time that she was good friends with someone in the ward and said she would call her and set up a time for all of us to meet together. I am not going to lie, I wasn't very hopeful that she would call us because when people say they will call us....they usually don't. This was about 2 weeks ago, so we had kind of forgotten about her, but then on Monday we got a call from her and soon enough we were in her home having a lesson. The member who came with us told us that Sandrine had been feeling like she needed something from God, and then right at that moment, we stopped and contacted her! So cool! She is an amazing lady and has such a cute family, so we are excited to teach her some more.
We have spent almost everyday eating lunch and teaching Nuno's mom- Rosalia. Oh my goodness fam, they have fed us so much food! Everyday they ask us to come for lunch, and let me tell you, lunch here is not just a peanut butter sandwich. I am going to get fat! But the good results from all of this is that Rosalia is marked for baptism next week! Woooooo! She is definitely my Portuguese Grandmother. She is adorable, she would talk for days if you would let her, and even though I understand about 0.5% of what she says, I love spending every minute with her and Nuno.
We had a solid lesson with Harman this week about Dia do Senhor. He works everyday and only has 2 hours off each day, which he chooses to spend with us. He is so elect and would've been baptized already if it weren't for his ridiculous work schedule and inability to come to church. He has such a strong testimony, and church is the only thing holding him back from being baptized, so we told him we would fast for him and testified of the miracles that would come if he came to church. 
There was no surprise when Sunday came around and miracles happened again! We called Harman to see if he had asked his boss and he told us, "If my boss is here I will ask him, and if he isn't, I will close the restaurant and come anyways." An hour later he walked in the church! Ahhhhhh! I can't even explain how happy I was to see him there! He doesn´t speak fluent Portuguese and said he didn´t really understand anything that was said, but he was able to feel of the spirit and it was such a blessing. Miracles have not ceased to exist. I know without a doubt that miracles happen every day. God is here. He certainly does hear and answer prayers.
Rosalia also came to church-which was another miracle because we went to go pick her up and she said she wasn't feeling good. Sister Bryner and I didn't know what to do, all we knew was that she needed to come to church so she could be baptized next week. We just kept talking to her and all of a sudden she changed her mind and was so excited to come! I don't exactly know what changed her mind, it could have been that we told her we would be speaking (which we found out an hour before sacrament-roughest thing of my life! So bad) but if the Lord needs me to speak horrendously in sacrament meeting to convince our investigators to come to church then so be it! 
I can honestly say I am so blessed to be a missionary. It is not easy, but the miracles and changes you experience are worth everything. So amazing. I challenge you all to look for the miracles in your life. I know they are there. They may not be big, but they are there. I know as you start looking for the miracles, you will find them and realize just how merciful and loving God is. I love you guys! Thanks for all you do for me, I truly have the most amazing support. Fica Bem! Amo Vocês! 

-Sister Selk

A flashback pic from the Payson Temple open house

Nuno!!!
Walking to church with Rosalia is just one small precious moment that I will never take for granted.
My determination to get this family sealed in the temple is just SO STRONG!
Aren't we just the cutest - haha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment