Tabs

 photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Tuesday 10 March 2015

I'm Being Deported


Familia!
Well, it sounds like it is official that I will be getting a temporary reassignment to who knows where until I get my visa.  We were pretty hopeful I got my visa earlier this week because they handed out flight itineraries to all of our district and even I got one, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I was pretty bummed to find this out at first because my whole district as well as the other district we are really close with were all going to be flying on the same flight- 25 missionaries heading to Portugal, but I will probably be the only one not going with them. Sad day! But, I realize the Lord is in charge and will send me where he wants me so I guess I will find out where I am going soon enough!
This week has been the most stressful week at the MTC- not knowing what is going on with my visa, and also the fact that we decided to do an English fast on Thursday.....It is probably a good thing that I am not going to Portugal because that just made me realize how little Portuguese I know! haha It was a struggle and by about 5 oclock that night I was about ready to crack, but it was a really good learning experience.
Last week at the temple I got the names to do initiatories and I looked down and 2 of them were from Portugal. I didn't think that was a coincidence and I got really excited.
Funny Story of the week:
Last P-day Sister Barratt came back to our room and said that someone had stolen her garments in the laundry room. We thought this was SO weird, so at breakfast the next morning we mentioned it to the elders and all of a sudden the just all stopped eating and busted up laughing. Now for the other side of the Story: Elder Reni was doing his laundry and then when it came time to fold his laundry he found 3 sets of ladies garments in with his load! He was freaked right out and didn't know what to do with them, so the only solution that ran through their heads was to cut them up. hahaha So it turns out that Elder Reni- out of everyone that could have taken them in the MTC- was the one who stole Sister Barratts garments....We had a pretty good laugh about that.
For other exciting news, we found a dog at the MTC this week, and we probably got way more excited than any normal human being would, but it was so nice to see an animal!
To just explain to you a little bit about how much I love my district and how much I am going to miss them, I will tell you about what happened last night. I think my district could tell I was a little discouraged about the whole Visa situation, so that night Elder Hinkey came up to me and said that he noticed that I was a bit down, but that he wrote down some scriptures that he thought would help me. He gave me his notebook to read and inside he listed 5 scriptures and with each one he shared his personal thoughts on the scripture and why he liked it etc. His insights were amazing, and it definitely helped me out a ton. The Elders in my district are literally incredible, and I can't wait to hear about the amazing things they are going to do on their missions. I am going to be WEEPING when I have to say goodbye to them. 
I wanted to share another spiritual thought with you this week.....it kind of goes along with what I talked about last week.  In class on Friday we were reading the BOM, and Elder Papa T picked a random Chapter, Chapter 22 in 2nd Nephi. I am not going to lie, at first I was thinking....awesome, An Isaiah Chapter, I am probably not going to learn a thing, but of course it ended up answering some of the questions I have been having perfectly! Verse 16 is especially incredible in my opinion. I have been thinking a lot about trials....not because I feel like I am experiencing a lot of trials, but more because I think it is an incredible concept. In verse 16 it talks about how God created both the Smith and the Waster- both of which beat us down and try us. Yet the difference is that The Smith (Christ) pushes us and stretches us in a way that shapes us into something better. Sometimes he blows on the coals and ignites a flame that can sometimes hurt us, but he does that for our benefit and to make us an instrument for his work. And the Waster's only desire is to destroy us. I thought that was pretty powerful. 
I know that God does everything for a purpose. I know he doesn't give us trials to punish us, but to help us become better and to grow. I am excited for the week ahead! I can't believe my time here at the MTC is almost over! I have loved every minute of it, and I can honestly say that I will miss it here!
I hope you all have an amazing week! (Mom and Dad especially on your cruise- don't feel too guilty eating unlimited ice cream everyday!) I will let you know how things are in________. whenever I find out where I am going! Amo Voces!
-Sister Selk

The most recent girls in our zone.

The most incredible teacher - Irma Wilson

Simple Joys at the MTC

Doing laundry the only way I know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment